Passenger Upstream O2 Sensor Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JozifG

Reaction score
How in the hell are you supposed to replace this? The electrical clip is really starting to piss me off cause I can't get a damn finger on it and even if I could, I can't find a way to get the oxygen sensor socket on the sensor to turn it. If anyone has replaced one, I'd love to hear how you managed to do it.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you are replacing it with a new one jut cut the wires and go at it that way about the damn clip not being able to get to it and some time you have to use a wrench or a crowsfoot the socket wotn work all the time auto zone has a set for changing o2 sensor that they rent out.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used a regular crescent wrench. You can only turn it a tiny bit at a time so it takes a while.

Try using a flat screwdriver to help out with the electrical connector. I bundle the pigtail together with a zip-tie once disconnected...it helps keep it from getting all tangled up when you unscrew it.

This is a tough sensor to get to but be patient and you'll get it out.

The night before you replace the sensor, put some penetrating oil on the old sensor. It make help loosen it up. PB Blaster works well.