PATS on 07 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may want to disconnect the battery for about half an hour Then reconnect and try again to start

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious Did you make any changes in the steering column or instrument cluster or disconnect any wiring for either?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you do anything else, If you have a battery charger, I would throw that on for a couple of hours and then try to start it again. I read something about a low battery could cause a similar problem. It is worth a try before you spend any money.

Once the light starts flashing slowly again, I would try reading the codes and see if you get anything.

OP
OP
Greensick

Greensick

Reaction score
Bedrck, I did go through every fuse one by one with my tester. Specifically,climate control, seat heating and cooling, dash cluster, igniton and transmission is what started it. Went to make a few minor fixes for comfort and visibility for my wife. After I saw the condition of those fuses and their contacts I decided it was a good time to test them all. Most tested good so a little clean up and back in they went. I did not disconnect the battery for this just in case I needed to confirm power to location. It was after this that the pats engaged and told me to f*#! Right off.

Expeditionandy- I have a charger but the damn battery is still good. Voltage is still right where it should be. I did a lot of research before joining this forum. There are a lot of things that can cause this. At this point I believe I made the vehicle forget which key it uses.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Erh....your car hasn't started since you fussed with the fuses?

If so, go back to the fuse box and pull/reinsert every fuse, making sure each one is good. Disconnect the battery first.

OP
OP
Greensick

Greensick

Reaction score
Ok everyone, sorry it took so long. Work and family took a lot of my attention. I did a lot of testing on this vehicle and have now confirmed it's the pcm. I get full voltage to the unit and none coming out. Ordered a replacement pcm for less than $200 dollars from FS1. It will be a $65 dollar service call to have a locksmith sync the keys. After talking to ford a sure way to know it's the pcm is mileage to empty or odometer in the message center will read as dashes and you will not be able establish conection with obd scanner. I tested the wiring harness and pin connections ultimately getting full voltage to the pcm and not one bit coming out. When the new one gets here I will pull the old one out completely and see if there is anything fried internally. Thanks everyone. Turns out the pats system was doing its job after the computer failed.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Erh....your car hasn't started since you fussed with the fuses?

If so, go back to the fuse box and pull/reinsert every fuse, making sure each one is good. Disconnect the battery first.

Although this may be a method to check fuses it is not the best way

You do not need to pull all the fuses to test them most can be tested while installed in the fuse box
and you really need to leave the battery connected

Using a VOLT meter with the fuse in the circuit will prove the fuse is good and will also prove that you have the proper voltage for the circuit.

See the attached link

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/fuse-testing-101.24587/

Last edited: