PCV Valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kasius

Reaction score
Does any one know where or even if I have a pcv valve? Its on a 03-5.4
Thankyou for your help.:cheers:

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its on top of your valve cover its a L shaped tube it should be the same as the newer expeditions

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and the some of the 03s have a clip and 2 hoses that circulate hot coolant around the PCV valve. The clip pops off and you don't have to have any coolant lost.

Matt R

OP
OP
K

Kasius

Reaction score
thanks! How often do you think they should be changed? I am troubleshooting a rough idle.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can usually just clean the gunk out of it with some spray carb cleaner with the engine running if it rattles freely it is usually okay...

Just pull it out of the valve cover with all the hoses still attached and spray it out while the engine is running. If it is a rough idle but still idling at 700rpms then i would check the EGR valve and make sure it isn't dirty.

Matt R

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already checked/cleaned the IAC (Idle Air Control)?

OP
OP
K

Kasius

Reaction score
thanks

I cleaned and examined everything i can think of that would have to do with the idle
What about the coils and wires. They apear fine but man is that stuff expensive to replace. The wires feel new still. To the best of my knowlage none of that stuff has been replaced. We bought it used for cheap so I could understand and don't mind spending some money. Thanks again for your help.

p.s. I should use brake kleen for the IAC. I hope so thats what I used:nono: