Photos of Trailer(s) that you tow with your Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Wake Surfing boat ....
IMG_20160614_105047763.jpg

Snowmachine trailer ....
IMG_0415.JPG

Last edited:

Mr Happy

Reaction score
I don’t pull my Sea Ray with my Expedition but it sure looks good. Even with new plugs, wires and coils the gas mileage sucks without even pulling the boat, 10 mpg.

I bought the Expedition with a Snow plow for $2,000. It get’s 6.1 mpg plowing. I put the Expedition in storage April thru November.

Suburban in storage December thru April. Suburban gets 11.1 mpg towing.

20DB0460-44FE-4280-A4F4-8DABE49D41CB.jpeg

55A3683B-E820-46D4-A8EA-4A02388497D5.jpeg

AB1C4C30-CB36-4550-A7BC-C43F11DDBC31.jpeg

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one didn't make it....not me or my video...just saw it online.

I have seen this video before. It is why when it comes to half ton trucks, my personal belief is your trailer should not weigh more than the half ton truck you are pulling it with.
However, a proper setup with sway control is crucial. Here in Utah our speed limits are up to 80mph. I don't pull that fast, but you better be doing 70mph or you will get ran over.

Rod

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He must have started filming because it was swaying before he started filming. I don't know how you let a trailer sway that long without pulling over or at least slowing down.

I wonder what started it in the first place.

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must have started filming because it was swaying before he started filming. I don't know how you let a trailer sway that long without pulling over or at least slowing down.

I wonder what started it in the first place.

New to pulling trailers maybe? I have had them sway before (before I went to a equalizer style hitch), slowing down and/or applying the trailer brakes work. Scares the living crap out of you though. It was with my 2004 Expedition. I'm amazed at how well it handled it. I took the back roads home and changed hitches.

jbanks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one didn't make it....not me or my video...just saw it online.

I'm going to reply to myself bacause I remembered this thread from the time I posted on page 9....I see something has happened and my picture is no longer visible... so here it is again:

full.jpg

I thought I was only going to have to pull it 8 miles but the camper rental place moved and it was more like 12. No Brake Controller. No Load Leveling Hitch. I got up to about 55 miles an hour and was fine. But when I hit 60 the wag started and I backed off. The weight of the camper was about 5000lbs. I took a bunch of weight out of the back of the Navigator and loaded it into the camper trying to spread the weight. The back of the Navigator was WAY LOW! I have converted to coils using the Monroe 90006 kit. I'm pretty sure it could use some heavier duty springs in the back. Many people have complained about the ride height after using the 90006 kit.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to reply to myself bacause I remembered this thread from the time I posted on page 9....I see something has happened and my picture is no longer visible... so here it is again:

full.jpg

I thought I was only going to have to pull it 8 miles but the camper rental place moved and it was more like 12. No Brake Controller. No Load Leveling Hitch. I got up to about 55 miles an hour and was fine. But when I hit 60 the wag started and I backed off. The weight of the camper was about 5000lbs. I took a bunch of weight out of the back of the Navigator and loaded it into the camper trying to spread the weight. The back of the Navigator was WAY LOW! I have converted to coils using the Monroe 90006 kit. I'm pretty sure it could use some heavier duty springs in the back. Many people have complained about the ride height after using the 90006 kit.

Glad you made it safely. The truck is sitting very low.

mactlc

Reaction score
I tow a keystone passport 2920bh 5400 dry 7200 GVWR, tongue weight 625 dry 760 loaded. Tows great use a Husky Centerline TS WDH with integrated sway control.

IMG_20180311_181833.jpg

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just purchased the Nivomat load leveling shocks for my 2015 Expedition. Hopefully she will ride more level now while pulling the boat around this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk