PinStripe Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was considering removing the pinstripe on the Expedition... I did this on my ranger mainly because it was pealing. The one on Expedition looks to be fine I'm just not sure I like it? Let me kknow what your opinion is? Thanks

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's up to you. Do what makes you happy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a sanding type tool.... Or I've heard people use hair dryers but that could take forever.... with the sanding tool you just have to be careful not to go too deep and scratch the paint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like this~
6783866402p.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U don't need that...use a heat gun or hair blow dryer...put it on the pin stripe to heat up the glue...once u get it going...take ur time pulling...comes right off...don't need a stupid tool...lol...or just wait till its HOT out like I did...uses a blade to pull up a little piece and gently pull to remove...THATS IT!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U don't need that...use a heat gun or hair blow dryer...put it on the pin stripe to heat up the glue...once u get it going...take ur time pulling...comes right off...don't need a stupid tool...lol...or just wait till its HOT out like I did...uses a blade to pull up a little piece and gently pull to remove...THATS IT!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

do you need to do anything to protect the paint under, or is the pinstripe over the clear coat?

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was a tool I borrowed from my brother when he worked at a paint shop. It is way easier but it's an 80 dollar tool. So Freeways idea would be less costly. When I removed the one off Ranger it didn't look bad. I removed The word EDGE with the tool as well and you could see a little bit of the word faded into the paint.