Plastic padded airshield under motor came loose 2015 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuxedoBlack

Reaction score
So I got an oil change and afterwards awful gas mileage. Looked under motor and a platic shield beneath it was tilted down towards the frint attached at only one point towards the rear of both sides to a dedicated bracket for that point. I assume oil change guys at dealer left off whatever the front was supposed to be attached to. Can anyone tell me how it should be on there?

15 Platinum Tuxedo Black

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Those dealer kids aka lube techs are the lower paid youngsters that are in basic training. Reattaching that shield is often neglected cause...well.... millennials.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 and the flexible shield is held on with 2 types of fasteners. There are several 1/4 turn white rectangular fasteners that lock onto the rectangular mate. There are also several push in mushroom type with ridges on the stem.
You should be able to start at one side and work across in sequence. hope this makes sense.

OP
OP
T

TuxedoBlack

Reaction score
I have a 2017 and the flexible shield is held on with 2 types of fasteners. There are several 1/4 turn white rectangular fasteners that lock onto the rectangular mate. There are also several push in mushroom type with ridges on the stem.
You should be able to start at one side and work across in sequence. hope this makes sense.

I only have two metal big head screws attaching mine to the single bracket on each side of the rear of the shield.

15 Platinum Tuxedo Black

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only have two metal big head screws attaching mine to the single bracket on each side of the rear of the shield.

15 Platinum Tuxedo Black

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the flexible shield that runs across the front, the one that gives access to the oil filter.

The Rear cover on my 2017 has the 2 screws holding the rear corners and 2 (same size) screws holding the front edge that are secured into speed nuts
qMclPE9ND8xat_cA272Vdr1hoSllfM6zOIdP2CtME&usqp=CAc.jpg