***PLEASE HELP***2001 expedition with shrudder/rumble strip noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n.shift

Reaction score
I have a 2001 expedition rear wheel drive with 113k miles. it has what sounds like rumble strip noise but only at very slow speeds or accelerating from a stop and turning left or right. its worse when turning right.. I had a bad tie rod on one side and bad ball joint on other. I went ahead and changed all upper and lower ball joints and inner and outter tie rods. had alignment done. noise is still there. It seems to get a lot worse the more you drive it. So I'm assuming heat is making it worse. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

OP
OP
N

n.shift

Reaction score
no idea. but there doesn't to seem to be any play in wheel from up and down or side to side

OP
OP
N

n.shift

Reaction score
i also get a bad vibration in front end over 60 mph. under 60, it pretty smooth. I also put 4 new shocks on it

Dewayne

Reaction score
To test front wheel bearings drive down the road with it making the noise. Jerk the steering wheel left than right , if the noise gets better one direction and stays the same or worse the other direction probably bad bearing.

Henrok76

Reaction score
I have an 01. Had a similar problem. Ended up being bad U-Joints on front driveshaft. Not sure if yours is 4×4. But it fixed my shuttering issue.