Please help my dumb*** with a heater hose question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdglide

Reaction score
I've found a ton of threads about my issue but none seems to answer my question. I'm trying to determine which port on the heater core is the inlet. Facing the firewall from the front of the vehicle is it the one on the right or left? dumb question I know.

Secondly...if I install a T in the heater hose, regardless of it it's in the inlet or outlet will it serve as a bleeder valve? I THINK my radiator cap went bad a few weeks ago and allowed my coolant level to get low possibly letting some air in the system. I started noticing the water gurgling sound in the dash and apparently from searching these forums it's air in the system.

I don't think there's any blockage in my system because using my temp gun the temperature is the same on all of the heater and radiator hoses and the radiator and heater core was replaced about 3 years ago. I'm going to replace the thermostat and want to make sure I get the air out of the system. Any and all information appreciated

Skinnylarry

Reaction score
Well sir your problem is possibly going to be much like my own. Your water loses are due to a leak in the intake manifold where the heater hose connects to the manifold. If you have already gotten a code yet soon you will possibly get a misfire code. This is due to a defect that occurs when the inside edges of the manifold begin to crumble and break away allowing the gasket to squish and leak. The repair should run around 600 to 850 in a shop or dyi for around 250 and I would replace plugs and coils and clean injectors while the intake is off best time to get it all done. Another possibility is a water line under the manifold where the small nipple breaks off and this one is a little harder to see. These are possibly where you might find your water leak