Please Help with P1633 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokenEx

Reaction score
So inspection is due and of course my 2000 Expedition decided to stick it to me right before with a check engine light. The code is saying P1633 Keep Alive Memory. I checked all the fuses and all good. Is there a senor that causes this? I have a crack in the passenger exhaust manifold would that cause this? Please help I need to get this thing to pass inspection. Thanks

OP
OP
B

BrokenEx

Reaction score
Can anyone assist?

Please help I need to get this thing to pass inspection. Thanks

B

bedrck46

have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes make sure terminals are clean and reconnect.

OP
OP
B

BrokenEx

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually did that twice for about two hours of disconnect. Check engine came back within a minute both times. This issue is driving me nuts.

B

bedrck46

Did you clear the code both times?? Are you still getting the same codes

OP
OP
B

BrokenEx

Reaction score
thanks for the link. I'll give it a try. hope there is something in there that works. The codes still showed after clearing system and once the check enging light went on.

OP
OP
B

BrokenEx

Reaction score
Still have the issue. Is there a sensor that can cause the issue. Kinda lost here

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a sensor problem, it is a voltage problem to the pcm. The link has fords trouble shooting steps. I'd follow that and post the results. It isn't getting the proper voltage at the pcm thus throwing the code.
Might also want to check the grounds since your in a salty state. Corrosion is resistance, which drops voltage.

Last edited:

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m having a P1633 code, I’m going to start fixing it and follow the link what stamp had posted. Hoping I’m not changing the pcm and hoping it’s just a battery terminal issue. I still have to trace the wire going to pcm harness. Can someone post the pcm pinout please as I need to check the voltage for the KAM issue. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk