Police Expo Owners

Was your Expedition used as Police or Government

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokeEater

Reaction score
Where's the best place to look for used police vehicles, specifically expys, I looked on ebay found a few, is there any good site dedicated to police vehicles for sale?

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy used to be owned by some park ranger outfit. Not many options on board, but a cool search light that I've not even plugged in.

ford.jpg

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to get rid of that pos search light and replace it with a directional HID.

The SSV info is in my sig if anyone is interested.

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Cool thread. I had a prior 94 Bronco which was "wired" and used by a Gov't agency at one time... all light assemblies had Whelen strobes, misc. coax cabling under flooring, Antennex antenna mounted in middle of cab roof, metal bracketry that was mounted to floor in front of center console and other misc. wiring that was cut but still in the truck.

Here's my question with the subject matter of this thread:

How does one know where to find a Ex-Govt/EMT/Police/Fire Expedition - meaning, is there a specific used vehicle dealer network that specializes in selling these back to the public?

My prior Bronco was purchased from a mom-pop used car Dealer - I only found the stuff after my purchase (Dealer knew nothing).

Another question:
Does the Govt use Expeditions have a specific DSO code on the data decal found on driver's side?

Limited'08

Reaction score
don't let this thread die out folks. although i don't own a prior government Expo, the place i work at services them. funny how the prefered vehicle in law enforcement, at least in my area, is the Expedition. the guys with K-9s love them due to more room out back than the competition. what's even funnier is that i almost bought a government Tahoe before i bought my civilian Expedition. lets keep this thread going.

Reaction score
2006 Expy police ssv Help

Just picked up a 2006 ssv expy I have a few questions
1 I need a center console for it and would the factory one reinstall if I can find one at a reasonable rate
2 it needs the center over head console as well would it reinstall or what would i need to do it

3 I am looking to put in the 3rd row seats as well what would I need to do it

I will post pics as soon as the truck is done as its getting the lights and radios installed for my fire and rescue service it will be my pov

thanks

broncobogger

Reaction score
I have a 2001 expo that was a sheriffs car I have tried to figure out where the radio antenna is cause it isn't working my brothers expo has it in the passenger side rear window mine doesn't there are a ton of plugged holes in the roof my expo still has the cage around the back seat and the spot light and the rifle rack in the front seat

broncobogger

Reaction score
My 2001sec sits 3 inches higher then my brothers 01 Eddie buar he has air ride I don't on mine I don't have running boards and he does but I have keyless entry and he doesn't the difference of the two is crazy

Last edited:

broncobogger

Reaction score
I bought my 2001 ssv for $600 in a online auction it has 86,000 miles. I'm really liking this rig but it rides a lot rougher then my Broncos do and my dog likes the back seat with its cage in front of and behind the seat

Dlsgap

Reaction score
What if I have a gen3 EL Limited, and I work for a department that has a gen3 in our fleet?

Btw, the two are night and day different. The one at work rides like crap and my LT says it gets stuck everywhere. Of course it's just 2wd... My personal Expy EL is 4wd and rides like a dream.

Last edited: