popping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tilliepeople

Reaction score
The bad part was it happened on the interstate coming back from vacation and cost me $225 to get it towed home.
I felt pretty lucky there. I was only about 3 miles from home and all 25mph speed limit so I drove it home .
I found a nice looking 2006 about 50 miles from me and told my granddaughter she had until the end of the week to have her fancy stereo out and the old one back in or it was going with the trade.Hopefully it will still be there by the weekend .
If it were just me I would keep it but I cant have it breaking down when she has all the kids in it and it is going to be hard to trust it anymore.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad you had success...

mine blew out (no 3 on pass side), hit the fuel rail, and went right back in being pounded to death by the piston....yep cracked the head and plug was lying right there when we borescoped it.

expensive rebuild back in 11, but she's still running great today.

Tell tale sign: my other half said she smelled gas every now and then. could never find it though until KABOOM.

View media item 3333