Possible bad pcm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Menge

Reaction score
I purchased a 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer addition with the 5.4 in it. It is running in Failsafe mode and the codes are for several sensors; throttle system, camshaft position sensors, turbine speed input sensor. I have replaced the tps, turbine speed sensor, and both camshaft sensors. I had the codes wiped clean and 2 blocks down the road it dropped back into failsafe mode. I returned to Oreilys and when they checked the codes... all the same codes popped up. The plugs all look good and the wires appear to be in good condition. I can only think the com is bad. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bedrck is correct, always post any codes, or readings you have. Takes a lot of guesswork out, and reduces the guesses thrown out there. Is or was your automatic transmission acting up before the limp mode activated?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk