Power Distribution Relay Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
Update. Finally got the 4 male to male terminals, 40amp relay, and the relay harness. Bought the male terminals at www.mouser.com. I'll post the link in a bit. Relay is now ready to be installed. So tomorrow I will remove my fuse box and begin soldering. I'll post up pictures in a bit.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another member did a fuse/relay box repair and beefed up the problem trace by adding a branch circuit wire. Might wanr to consider that since you have it apart.

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
Another member did a fuse/relay box repair and beefed up the problem trace by adding a branch circuit wire. Might wanr to consider that since you have it apart.
I thought about doing that. But there isnt much area to solder a jumper wire. I feel pretty confident on my little modification. With the OEM relay plugged in, I shot a infrared laser thermometer and read around 160*. Now after installing this bosch style relay, the relay itself reaches 105*. Feeling accomplished.