Power Folding Mirrors Issue ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had several instances where people have cut out in front of me because they "couldn't see my blinker" (upgraded with bright LED bulb but people here must be blind). I have purchased a set of motorcycle blinkers to add to the front side of the mirror. The idea is to give more visibility from the front as well as the side. The mirrors have LED blinkers in them, but only face the rear. I will tie the front/side facing blinker in to the OEM blinker, a simple upgrade.

This might be a worthwhile upgrade for a company of your expertise. I know there is a company that makes the upgrade for the F150s with the reflector in the mirror housing, but nothing for the Expedition.

OP
OP
P

Paul Gruven

Reaction score
thanks for all feedback here.

so drokmofo has a 2007 exped folding mirror he is willing to let us look at ... but i just havent heard much more about this at all. Ive been researching other forums to see if the Ford Exped has significant folding mirror issues but cant find them.

Im not sure if this is same as F150 fold mirrors, i dont believe it is as mostly the Exped parts only interchange with Navigator.

If anyone else is interested, please post here, or email me - [email protected]

Thanks, we will keep looking for interest.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My driver side folds correctly, but when folding the mirrors back out, the driver side will go past center and won't stop on its own until it's facing forward. I manually stop it and the center point and it stays.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gents,

In the owners manual there is a procedure for "calibrating" your folding mirrors!

Loose Mirror
If you manually fold your power-folding
mirrors, they may not work properly even
after you re-position them. You need to
reset them if:
• The mirrors vibrate when you drive.

• The mirrors feel loose.

• The mirrors do not stay in the folded or
unfolded position.

• One of the mirrors is not in its normal
driving position.

To reset the power-fold feature, use the
power-folding mirror control to fold and
unfold the mirrors. You may hear a loud
noise as you reset the power-folding
mirrors. This sound is normal. Repeat this
process as needed each time you manually
fold the mirrors.

jeff

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx Jeff, I have tried that with both pass. side pfm's.
What I have tried and it worked previously is to have someone engage the mirrors to fold in and out while I manually hold the mirror until it 'clicks' back into the proper position.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've tried this several times. For me it has worked to re-engage the fold mechanism, but would still unfold past the center point and stop with the mirror facing forward. Fortunately for me it's my driver side and I can stop it in the center point.