Power Running Boards and mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tater

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best route for mudflaps on my 2015 Expedition Limited. I have not found a set that is advertised to fit the front due to the power running boards. Ford advised they do not make them for the Expedition (according to my dealer). One question I have is can the boards be moved either left or right? It appears there's a couple of hex nuts on the bottom of the brackets that might let you adjust the boards to the left or right. This might help in giving me a little, very little, more room for the boards to deploy without interference with the flap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tater

old codger

Reaction score
Here is the part number that fits my 17 Platinum with power running boards. FLIZ16A550A. They are avail. on ebay for $29.00

OP
OP
T

tater

Reaction score
That's the same part number I gave the dealership. They stated they would not work with the power boards. Would be nice if they knew what would and wouldn't work. Thanks!

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use a normal flap
For the front and add a small spacer behind the flap to push it out enough to clear the amp boards. Other guys here have done this. Simple, uncomplicated and it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
T

tater

Reaction score
Well, I had already ordered the Ford OEM ones off e-bay. I sent a message to the seller who stated they would fit as they hang straight down not interfering with the power boards. If they don't they will be going back. I'll post when they arrive and get a chance to check the fit.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't want to go off topic but I just bought a new '17 Expy Limited today and was wondering if there is a video out there to show how to clean the running board motors. I understand they need to be cleaned periodically. I want to be proactive.

OP
OP
T

tater

Reaction score
Not off topic at all, that's why I'm putting on mud flaps. Just finished washing all the salt and crud that collects on the running boards and mechanism. After every wash/dry I just spray some Kroil or other lubricant on the hinges and other moving parts to help keep things moving freely. Michigan winters supply a boat load of salt and crud.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I had already ordered the Ford OEM ones off e-bay. I sent a message to the seller who stated they would fit as they hang straight down not interfering with the power boards. If they don't they will be going back. I'll post when they arrive and get a chance to check the fit.
I'll be curious to see how you make out.