Power windows please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok so my windows worked fine last night on my home from work. I get home go to roll up the windows and they stop half way. I cant get them to go up so i leave it for the night. I went out this morning and tried to put them up all went up except the driver. I then clicked down thinking it would help and the window went down auto. Now its stuck down and the others are stuck up. I took off the door panel to see if something came lose.... nope. So i checked fuses and all were fine and i checked all cause i was checking one. So i started clicking the window up and down a few times hearing the relay click. But now the relay does not make any noise. So i took one from under the hood and switched it out heard the click a few times and now no click again. I watched a few YouTube videos checked the wire in door that go to the truck removing the boot. Looking for a broken wire saw nothing. Used a 12 volt meter light and got no power at all to any wire while clicking up and down. I did all of this while the key was in the on position. Now im not 100% mechanically inclined so any help is welcomed. If some pics are needed i will get some but not sure how much help they can be. please its gonna rain the next few days and i need the window to go up even if i have only a crack open. Thanks to any who reply.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my first piece of advice is get out your owners manual and search for a power window fuse or fuses and check it (them) with an ohm meter or replace it with a known good one.

I know you said you checked the fuses but exactly how did you do it?

that would be my next move...

if you cant figure it out and need to temporarily get the window closed perhaps you could jumper power straight to the window motor and get it to close. Of course if that doesnt work then you may need a new motor...

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
When i say checked them i mean i took them out to see if the were "blown" they looked to be alright full contact. iv changed the fuse but only tested the relay with one from under the hood. about to check the wires in the boot again in a second and im not sure what u mean by jump the window motor iv looked it up on you tube and didnt find anything.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
Do you think it might be the relay as im not hearing any clicking and i used one from up front and chose a different one this time and still no clicking at all hopefully you get back to me soon i would like to get it done before bed lol thanks again

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Symptom Chart
Condition Possible Sources Action
  • No communication with the generic electronic module
  • CJB Fuse 6 (5A), 8 (5A), 15 (5A), and 20 (5A).
  • Circuitry.
  • GEM.
  • All power windows are inoperative
  • CJB Fuse 6 (5A), 8 (5A), 15 (5A), and 20 (5A).
  • BJB Fuse 103 (50A) and 601 (30A).
  • Circuitry.
  • Battery saver relay.
  • CJB.
  • Accessory delay relay.
  • LF window regulator control switch (14529).
  • GEM.
  • Single power windows are inoperative
  • Circuitry.
  • RF, LR, or RR window regulator control switch.
  • RF, LR, or RR window regulator electric drive.
  • LF window regulator control switch.
  • The one-touch down feature is inoperative
  • Circuitry.
  • Battery saver relay.
  • CJB.
  • One-touch down relay.
  • LF window regulator control switch.
  • LF window regulator electric drive (23394).
  • GEM.

This is great information. Nice Job.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you really need to get the window up quickly, open the door panel and locate the 2 wires from the motor. Cut both wires and apply battery power. If window goes down, just reverse the polarity.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't cut the wires as stated above. A non distructive bandaid would be to cover the window opening with heavy gauge plastic sheeting available at Walmart, Depot or Lowes. Check the paint sections for it - comes in rolls.
What year is your Expy?

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am not suggesting cutting any wires

simply unplug the motor and touch the contacts with a power and ground lead connected to a battery in order to make the window go up.