Powerful reverse lights or rear fogs, options???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cant see jack thru mirrors or over shoulder reversing in the dark. Even with 3 aftermarket panoramic mirrors.

And i do a LOT of nighttime driving with its fair share of backing out...

Part of it is likely the rear tint but still... any kind of simple bright backup light solution available?

I literally put the truck in reverse at night 50-100 times per week sometimes.... not liking these odds

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An led light bar would work well - 2 small bars, one on each side of the hitch if equipped.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wire em to what, spliced into reverse lights? Any guides out there you know about?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can wire them however you want If you just want them as backup lights then wire them into that circuit If you want to be able to have manual control so you can use them at will Then wire them thru a switch.
It really isn't rocket science on how to wire lights.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah well... thinking puts undue pressure on my brain

Cant say I like the feeling

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some personal issues

I am sure if you offered to fly Stamp out there he would gladly teach you.

Well learn how
Its better than asking someone to hold your had and wet nurse you

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on my F350 i wired in a set of very bright reverse lights under the rear bumper on the frame for the receiver hitch.
i added two relays, a cheap logic module
one received power to switch on only if the truck was in reverse, when it activated it sent a signal to the other relay that would only have power on its "out" side if the lights were on.
so it prevented the lights from lighting if the truck didnt have two YES's
both used the main trailer POWER feed as the source of the switched power and used the signals from the reverse light signal and the light ON signal.

I then placed one more relay wired to a switch in the cab that was a KEY ON pwr. plus a few diodes so i could switch on the lights manually and override the logic module.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on my F350 i wired in a set of very bright reverse lights under the rear bumper on the frame for the receiver hitch.
i added two relays, a cheap logic module
one received power to switch on only if the truck was in reverse, when it activated it sent a signal to the other relay that would only have power on its "out" side if the lights were on.
so it prevented the lights from lighting if the truck didn't have two YES's
both used the main trailer POWER feed as the source of the switched power and used the signals from the reverse light signal and the light ON signal.

I then placed one more relay wired to a switch in the cab that was a KEY ON pwr. plus a few diodes so i could switch on the lights manually and override the logic module.

Careful all that technical information will have him thinking and will put undue pressure on his brain