Proactively Replace COP (Coils) ???

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by hammerg26, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Full Access Members

Moose, we're the same vintage. And yes, those years do teach a few things to those of us who learn.

I listened to my kid's swearing by "Gearwrench" Chinese tools, until he watched me walk the exhaust manifold nuts off my 2000 with a Snapon socket. He learned exactly the same lessons we learned a few decades earlier. But he didn't learn enough: A $50 Chinese air spring exploded on the Pennsylvania Tpk two days after he put it in his Grand Marquis. Now it's the $150 Motorcraft for him too.

As we grow up, changing the same part three times becomes less and less fun. Some of us learn.

2. 1955moose

1955moose Full Access Members

Hell I remember our tv repair man coming by once a year to replace tubes in our Admiral console tv. Tv did make it 10 year's though! We watched a lot of tv, my brother and me, kept us from slugging each other. It is getting tougher and tougher to rationalize or afford the good stuff. When cars cost more than houses a few years back, its gonna be tough. Well the good news is theirs going to be a ton of first and second gen expeditions to buy, and keep rolling down the road!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

3. johnboneske

johnboneske Full Access Members