Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

Reaction score
i'd put a K&N induction system on the 5.4 if mileage increase is what you are after. Also tune and run max octane fuel.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since most today are familiar with what re-programing your computer will and won't do, you already know that for the 5.4, there really isn't much you can do.

Naturally aspirated engines direct from the factories today produce a given amount of power and you can take some from here and move it up there on the rpm scale but without modifying the engine itself, that's about it on a naturally aspirated engine. For 10K that was able to pickup 2mpg, very well done! That's a solid 14% increase over what my '03 EB expy got me. I never did anything to my '99 or '03 expy's. I just drove them and accepted them for what they were....solid workhorses but gas hogs.

I REALLY like the boosted engines though. First I got a factory supercharged car a few years back, then a bike that I restored & modified and when it came time to replace the '05 and I heard the new ones were coming with the ecoboost, I jumped at the chance to drive one, then bought one.

I will probably leave it stock for a while, at least until it's paid for<LOL> but I know that there are a lot of things that can be done....Livernois for example sells a tuner for the '15-'16 models that, according to them:

As seen on the F150, this engine has an impressive amount of room left in the calibration, our Performance tuning unlocks that hidden potential with peak vs. peak gains of over 77hp and 82 ft/lbs of torque, with maximum gains of over a staggering 95hp and 95 ft/lbs of torque on our 93 octane performance tuning. In addition to these powerful performance tunes, we also have towing specific tunes available for performance, without sacrificing the utility these vehicles are designed for.

Features:
Gains of over 84hp and 84tq on your otherwise stock vehicle

Those are huge numbers coming from one of the best companies out there....but of course everything has a price in terms of wear & reliability so while I wait for a year or two, I'll be watching to see what issues arise from the guys that have installed their programs.

jeff