Question about CARiD Spec-D® - Chrome/Red LED Tail Lights for the Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CARiD guys I am looking at these tail lights for my 2017 Expedition. I haven't really seen a good picture of what they look like when they are lit up. How visible they are from the side. Do you have any better pictures?

The poor pictures are what are making hesitate to pull the trigger on these. I don't want to have to send them back if I am not satisfied. In addition, what is the longevity of the LEDs

Are there any pictures of how they look at night? How bright are the brake lights during the day? Do the show up well?

Do these come resistors or do I have to add them. Do they come with LED backup Lights or do I reuse the original or just by LED bulbs?

Spec-D Tail Lights.JPG

Furthermore, will they work with this chrome trim: Putco® - Chrome Tail Light Bezels?

Putco Chrome Bezels.JPG

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and don't order anything unless you are ABSOLUTELY 100000000000% SURE YOU WANT IT. I bought a set of headlight housings from them, installed them and took them to be aligned to find out that one of the adjusters was stripped from the factory and it was a ******* NIGHTMARE to finally get them to let me return them. Took two + weeks to finally get them to let me return them. I will never buy anything from them again.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and don't order anything unless you are ABSOLUTELY 100000000000% SURE YOU WANT IT. I bought a set of headlight housings from them, installed them and took them to be aligned to find out that one of the adjusters was stripped from the factory and it was a ******* NIGHTMARE to finally get them to let me return them. Took two + weeks to finally get them to let me return them. I will never buy anything from them again.
I bought from them back in October, had absolutely no problems with dealing with them, other than being spoiled by Amazon's lightning fast delivery service.