Question about lugnuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzteCypher

Reaction score
Howdy ya'll,

I tried looking through the forum and on Google but I couldn't get a definitive answer. I bought some replacement lugnuts for our 2012 EL Limited but I'm afraid their the wrongs one. The one I bought are listed below:

https://smile.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-91107XLB-Extra-Thread/dp/B00280D6ZG/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Ford|54&Model=Expedition|662&Year=2012|2012&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=3&vehicleType=automotive

It looks like they're not grabbing enough of the wheel to provide good torque down on the wheel. I know I can buy OEM ones but I don't like that aluminum cap on the lugnut. Has any one used these without any issues or can you recommend ones that will seat properly.

Thanks.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huuuh??? Aint the size and shape all wrong?????

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Gorilla lug nuts on my aftermarket wheels. I've put about 40k miles on them. No issues.

OP
OP
AzteCypher

AzteCypher

Reaction score
Huuuh??? Aint the size and shape all wrong?????
They physically fit on the lugs but to me it looks like they don't bite enough of the wheel when they seat.

I have Gorilla lug nuts on my aftermarket wheels. I've put about 40k miles on them. No issues.
I've read they work pretty well on aftermarket wheels but mine are OEM hence why I was wondering if I picked up the wrong set or if I have to buy OEM ones.