Rain Sensing Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
take it back to dealer for warranty repair?

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, this morning they decided to start working. Only problem is, I was sitting in my bone-dry garage...HA!

I'll give them a couple more tries and then back they'll go to the dealer to get fixed. I'm not worried about it; in the grand scheme of things that could be going wrong that is really minor.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, this morning they decided to start working. Only problem is, I was sitting in my bone-dry garage...HA!

I'll give them a couple more tries and then back they'll go to the dealer to get fixed. I'm not worried about it; in the grand scheme of things that could be going wrong that is really minor.

LOL, of course they did. i dont think it is much to worry about. bad sensor, something plug and play more than likely.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, I don't know if your '18s are diff than my '17 but my rain sensing wipers work fine but....they ONLY work on the first click on....after that you engage the standard time delay & each successive click only changes the amount of time like an old style time delay wiper does.

As noted, it can be a bit inconsistent depending on ambient lighting, rain density etc but they generally work very well!

jeff

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep same with my wife's Jeep. First click engages them, but if you go above, it reverts to standard mode.

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s similar, but not the same. The first click turns the rain sensing on but then you have a whole range of “sensitivity”. At the high end of the sensitivity spectrum to do get to two high settings which disengage the rain sensing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s similar, but not the same. The first click turns the rain sensing on but then you have a whole range of “sensitivity”. At the high end of the sensitivity spectrum to do get to two high settings which disengage the rain sensing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct

Plati

Reaction score
So it looks like different years operate differently based on the responses? On my 2014 EL, its all rain sensing levels (sensitivity, intervals) until the highest (or 2) setting which is just fast and ON, rain or no rain. If there is no rain then wipers will stop after one cycle on all settings except the highest (or 2 highest, not sure) setting. You also have to be careful to turn off at night in case its all frozen up the next morning ... for those who park outside.
wipers.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360