Rain/Wind Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Ruddy

Reaction score
didn't find much in thread search so I'll start one.

Just bought a '07 and I was looking for rain guards.

In my research I have noticed people saying they have had issues with the in-channel guards being too tight for the window to go all the way back up. Would catch and send window back down.

I have also noticed mention of power windows under powered... I have noticed that to. Take the good with the bad.

I was looking for an in-channel set. I had a set on my explorer and they were very sharp looking. I've seen the stick on exterior ones, they don't look that good to me, cheesy looking.

Any recommendations or for warnings?

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 'Ford' labeled stick-on AVS ones and like them alot. Just make sure you align them BEFORE actually adhering them. Most people screw it up with the notch to go over the mirror trim and don't get a good seal then ***** about them "leaking and whisteling". I went with smoked versus the chromed as I'm not a huge fan of chrome. Did the smoked avs stick on bug shield as well, helps protect the front of the hood from rock chips and dents.

Wegner44

Reaction score
The stick on variety will come loose... The Weather Tech product goes in channel and is more low profile than the stick on type. My windows go all the way up as well. Initially the gap is tight, but it does loosen up a bit after a little time. Hope this helps!

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
Go with the AVS in-channel. I have had them on my last several cars and they are the best, plus awesone customer service.

Just be pay careful attention to the instructions and be patient. Anyone that complains they don't fit is not doing either of those things. They will fit and work, I guarantee it.

Let me know of you need help.

OP
OP
Joseph Ruddy

Joseph Ruddy

Reaction score
Ended up installing the AVS external ones. Not too disappointed because my EXPY is that charcoal grey... So it blends fairly well.

I was hesitant on picking up the in channel set for fear of window binding up. Driver side is weak as it is (still researching resolve for that) and these windows are tight already. I had read a number of people having issues with it too tight for in channel.

And yes.. I knew to tuck leading edge of blind behind mirror trim.

Thanks for the responses.