Rancho Quicklift Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockclutch

Reaction score
03 eb 4.6

Anyone know if it will affect camber to much with a 2.5” blocks on front and 2” blocks in rear. Would love to upgrade the suspension. It’s already lifted and I’m afraid the extra shock length would be to much for the alignment geometry. How do those 9000xl ranchos handle at interstate speeds?
The Ranchos are excellent at freeway speed. They can easily be adjusted for your personal driving needs (everything from soft as a Lincoln to rattle your dental fillings stiff).

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

FRD88

Reaction score
The Ranchos gave about 3" F and 2.5" R in lift enabling me to fit 285/75 17 Falken AT3Ws (33.8" diameter) with zero trimming.
Parked next to a stock expy in the 2nd pic.
Leveled and lifted with much improved handling.

Rockclutch...Do you have the part numbers by chance? I am looking into lift kits for my 05 and I really wanted to go with the quicklifts but Rancho's webpage states that they only lift 1" in front and 0.75" in rear. I have been looking at the Ready lift 3" front and 2" rear lift kit and purchasing the RS5000 struts. I have also been looking at the skyjacker 2" lift but since I plan on replacing the front bumper with something heavier I am thinking the kits that lift the front more would be better to help with any sag encountered with the new bumper. The quicklifts sure would be preferred because installation would take less time and they are adjustable. If I could get the lift you got that would be perfect.

Last edited:

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Rockclutch...Do you have the part numbers by chance? I am looking into lift kits for my 05 and I really wanted to go with the quicklifts but Rancho's webpage states that they only lift 1" in front and 0.75" in rear. I have been looking at the Ready lift 3" front and 2" rear lift kit and purchasing the RS5000 struts. I have also been looking at the skyjacker 2" lift but since I plan on replacing the front bumper with something heavier I am thinking the kits that lift the front more would be better to help with any sag encountered with the new bumper. The quicklifts sure would be preferred because installation would take less time and they are adjustable. If I could get the lift you got that would be perfect.

RS999902, 03, 32 and 33

They gave about 2.5" lift overall and after the alignment the thing handles better than I'd hoped. I have 34" tires with room to spare.
e0fd113964b3ea5cabf4166b5e4444db.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ranchos gave about 3" F and 2.5" R in lift enabling me to fit 285/75 17 Falken AT3Ws (33.8" diameter) with zero trimming.
Parked next to a stock expy in the 2nd pic.
Leveled and lifted with much improved handling.

Bonus is my front receiver is higher off the ground now[emoji41]

Also you can adjust the dampening on all 4 in about a minute.
76a8b4c3e85e07e3c8411013ec7de46e.jpg
e76d440523f7f45e5b49eab05f8d708e.jpg
c0de5a83d6394cf4462c56ed8439dde2.jpg33d3d123caee5fe9dc16323c7420a36e.jpg52f6076f5cc5476efbcd26b8b8a2383b.jpge7e0d3a3793bd8aedacc4d5e6467e98a.jpg

ac8c19b48b29c4b8bbe2083dae5785e7.jpg974b5bee8f024efd6b7c2db719c9f3f4.jpg

Yup the Ranchos provide more lift than the official product description.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
RS999902, 03, 32 and 33

They gave about 2.5" lift overall and after the alignment the thing handles better than I'd hoped. I have 34" tires with room to spare.
e0fd113964b3ea5cabf4166b5e4444db.jpg

Note to others: thats the '03-06 2nd gen set. 3rd gen set also available, and that has different part numbers.... so its not that they have different lift levels with different part numbers, its just some people claiming observed numbers and some people claiming listed specs

Rockclutch

Reaction score
I asked the guys at Rancho why they had such a modest product description. They agreed that it was somewhat misleading.

FRD88

Reaction score
I asked the guys at Rancho why they had such a modest product description. They agreed that it was somewhat misleading.

Thanks for posting the part numbers.

I ended up contacting Rancho after my previous post because I was curious if maybe they made a different set with more lift that's no longer available and they said no. The part numbers you listed were the only ones and that the extra amount of lift was most likely from the original equipment being worn out and sagging.

I was curious if the extra lift was coming form the larger tires you installed? Did you by chance measure before and after the lift kit before you installed the tires or was it after everything was installed?

It is kind of driving me nuts that I can't decide which route I want to take. I guess whats holding me up is whether the extra money is worth the quicklift system with easier install that could end up with less lift that I want. I am most likely going to go with a 285 size tire after the lift kit so the extra rubber might be enough lift with the quicklift?

Decisions decisions

FRD88

Reaction score

If this really is the case then I would be leaning towards the quicklifts. Just trying to verify before spending the extra $

the bus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are good ... I have them too. I got a ton off lift out of them because the stock springs were shot. I think rancho rates them against new springs. Definitely need an alignment after. And if want to save some dough. Wait for the shocktober sale / rebate from Monroe rancho. And order through rock auto. I agree with all the other comments. But one additional thing which I did was take off the red adjuster knob and load it up with waterproof grease and reinstall if live in the rust belt.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the part numbers.

I ended up contacting Rancho after my previous post because I was curious if maybe they made a different set with more lift that's no longer available and they said no. The part numbers you listed were the only ones and that the extra amount of lift was most likely from the original equipment being worn out and sagging.

I was curious if the extra lift was coming form the larger tires you installed? Did you by chance measure before and after the lift kit before you installed the tires or was it after everything was installed?

It is kind of driving me nuts that I can't decide which route I want to take. I guess whats holding me up is whether the extra money is worth the quicklift system with easier install that could end up with less lift that I want. I am most likely going to go with a 285 size tire after the lift kit so the extra rubber might be enough lift with the quicklift?

Decisions decisions

On fresh new Ranchos (~500 mi on em):

Front fender height is 38.5 - 39" rear is 36 - 36.5" depending on terrain/tilt

Center of axle to fender is 24" FR / 21.5" RR

Conclusion: possible tire size up to 38"-ish (only accounting for height, rear would require fender trimming for more than 36-37", front who knows what offset or rubbing issues might arise)

PS this is a 3rd gen though, '09 Short SSV 4x4. Stock tire size just under 31"....33s would add +1", 35s +2" ride height

Last edited: