Raptor Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a very simple and straightforward install and I’m 90-95% satisfied with the results. It was essentially plug and play as all the wiring was present and all I had to do was move the trim and switches from the original to the Raptor wheel. I’m really not a fan of the red stripe so I’m still deciding if I’m going to modify the original wheel to fit the Raptor shift paddles, have the Raptor wheel reupholstered with the tops and bottoms from the original wheel or leave the red stripe and add touches of red to the interior so it has something to tie in with the rest of the interior.

7D79615D-A483-4530-9258-520F5D6FF346.jpeg F770E041-7B1C-40D3-B827-C095889B7392.jpeg

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the shift paddles work the same as the -/+ buttons under the shift dial. Unlike the F150 guys, the necessary wiring is already present which made the installation very simple.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So you spend $70k plus and you’ve already changed the steering wheel for no legitimate reason? Why didn’t you just buy a Platinum f150 and put a cap on it

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Am I missing something? It looks the exact same as the OEM steering wheel.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptor steering wheel has shift paddles and also deeper thumb pocket contours and perforated leather on the sides. The steering wheel heater is also noticeable warmer.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
The Raptor steering wheel has shift paddles and also deeper thumb pocket contours and perforated leather on the sides. The steering wheel heater is also noticeable warmer.
So you are going to race it like a Ferrari now are you with those paddle shifters? you are just so fancy... paddle shifters in a grocery getter smh..

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
@rcompart
next thing you need is recaro 5 point racing seats, a roll cage, an advanced auto parts stick on hood scoop, a paul walker style mitsubishi lancer spoiler, nos under your passenger seat, some underglow, and a DC Sports muffler hanging out the ass end of your ex and youll be the coolest guy on the block bro:rice:

Kevink109

Reaction score
@rcompart
next thing you need is recaro 5 point racing seats, a roll cage, an advanced auto parts stick on hood scoop, a paul walker style mitsubishi lancer spoiler, nos under your passenger seat, some underglow, and a DC Sports muffler hanging out the ass end of your ex and youll be the coolest guy on the block bro:rice:

No reason for the attack- its a very common modification on the f-150 side and its nice to know its even more plug and play on the Expy side.

Your comments are uncalled for and racist