"RARE" CDA-0852 Alpine "Port On Back" What is it for ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the radio few days ago and i notice there is a port on the back of it "like a headphone jack" headphones do plug in it. it doesn't say any were on the radio what it is and i found an on line owners manual and didn't see anything about it i took the top cover plate off and there is a chip board with 4 wires coming off that input port and says on the board JAC411 google didn't help any with that red,yellow brown and orange wires

What is it for ?? ANYBODY know ????

20161224_145815.jpg

20161224_151833.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you, So correct me if i am wrong but i need the cable that plugs in there to work my factory console cd changer ? if so by chance would you have a web link or name for the cable needed ?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't think it is that simple. It is probably for the Alpine Cd changers, see the link to the user manual in upper right corner in the posted link above, page 54.

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you tell me what color wires are on the factory Expo radio harness for cd changer ?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Next time I'm on the desktop I will, but you are wasting your time. Think of the AI-Net as a language the two devices speak. Ford uses a different language to control theirs unless it came with an Alpine changer. The deck is speaking "English" and the changer is speaking "Russian". About the only thing in common between the two languages is the single finger salute which is universal in most languages.

Attachments

• 130-radio.pdf
    393.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Next time I'm on the desktop I will, but you are wasting your time. Think of the AI-Net as a language the two devices speak. Ford uses a different language to control theirs unless it came with an Alpine changer. The deck is speaking "English" and the changer is speaking "Russian". About the only thing in common between the two languages is the single finger salute which is universal in most languages.

single finger salute haha ,your pretty much saying the radio i got "will not' work my stock cd changer ? and diagram shows 10 wires connecting it, Is that right ? i am not that good with the diagrams sorry

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reworded:

That is correct - new radio will not work with the the factory cd changer unless Alpine made the factory changer and it uses Al-net.
There are around ten wires to the factory cd changer but I didn't count to be sure. Easiest thing would be to find an Alpine cd changer that supports Al-net and replace the factory changer.

Last edited: