rear A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teedup

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get to a rear A/C without talking the entire rear end apart. There is thumping in the unit. Maybe a fan or something. The dealers want $1000.00 to fix it cause they need to disassemble the entire back. Whoever the rocket scientist was that designed it should be on welfare.

AZWildcat

Reaction score
Read this - it's super-easy.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=2324

It is almost definitely one of the two rear door blend motors (one controls whether air blows through the top or the bottom, the other controls the hot/cold air mix) - a very common problem. I believe they are the exact same motors.

Mine was the top motor (top/bottom airflow) which seems to be the more common one to fail. I replaced it last night (2005 Eddie Bauer) in less than 20 minutes through the cupholder/tray. I bought the motor (Dorman Part #604-213) from Amazon for $42.14 which included tax and next-day delivery. It is so easy (particularly if it is the top motor like mine was) that no one should EVER pay a shop or a dealer to do this.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990