rear door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdk269

Reaction score
Greetings from a new expy owner. 05 EB. only issue currently is when i put the car in park, the front doors unlock automatically, but the rear doors stay locked and can't just try to open with the handle, actually have to pull the lock up. Child locks are not locked, so not sure what to look for or if this is normal. thanks!

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have auto locks on my 04 EB. I believe they lock upon shifting out of but they do not pop up upon putting it in park... Maybe that was a change from 04 to 05?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 04 locks when put in drive...stay locked when in park but fronts are able to still open from inside even when locked...rear stays locked unless unlocked by unlock button...i dont see the prob with hitting the unlock button as you get out or as someone in the rear needs to get out...thats what i do

OP
OP
P

pdk269

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. I've never had one do this so wasn't sure if it was normal. Its not a problem, just didn't expect it to work like this.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 06 and my 11 both unlock the drivers door only when shut off (it is a setting on the 11 and it was in the message center settings on the 06). the rears unlock when I open the drivers door also. the passenger does also I think, but my passenger is usually jumping out before I open my door after riding with me. j/k