Rear suspension upgrades for 2008 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tccchef

Reaction score
Rear suspension upgrades for 2008 XLT

2008XLT tow package. HD Equalizer WD Hitch. With my new larger TT I am asking advice to prevent sag and firm up the ride while towing.

I am asking for advice to upgrade rear springs and or shocks to improve towing my 32’ TT EW 6356.

It appears no after market air bag systems are available. this model does have conventional HD springs and stock shocks located inside the spring coils. Replacing shocks should be pretty straight forward. Can anyone recommend a good upgrade brand to replace the stock ford shocks and give a extra HD upgrade.In my 2008 ChevyTrailblazer ext I was able to get some Monroe Air Shocks to replace the stock shocks and helped in towing my smaller TT. Has anyone seen a Replacement Air Shock?

I have found a spring insert product called sumo springs by super springs.com. Units are inserted between spring coils and held in place with zip ties. Claims to stiffen up ride when towing. While not effecting daily driver ride. Has anyone had any luck or advice about this product or any other ideas ?