Rear window air-flow deflector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem? I have a thread on the Exterior forum but no replies. I was looking more for aesthetics but if it helps keep the rear hatch window clean then that's a bonus.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A jug of Windex and a roll of paper towels. Simple solutions to complex problems. The deflector will reduce but not eliminate the crud on the lift gate.

The idea is to keep it clean, and not let it get caked on so that the wiper/washer turns it into mud.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that we all agreed that most of the dirt/mist was originating from underneath the truck so something mounted under the bumper might work, but no, nothing further.....yet.

jeff

OP
OP
NevadaGeo

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up putting a spoiler on mine. It looks cool but does not do much to deflect air to keep the lift gate clean. It actually sucks air up. I travel at highway speeds of over 80 mph and figured the spoiler will help with stability, especially with the headwinds we get out here. No real difference but it does look cool. I will post some photos soon. I am in the middle of field season here in northern Nevada so my truck is perpetually dirty. Bummer but she (the truck) loves being dirty and taken on rough back country roads.

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
Zombie post.

Saw a guy today with a 2nd gen Expy with an aftermarket wind deflector.

It did •not• help keep dirt off the back.E1122077-9D5D-4865-8BA6-0C90B8B8254A.jpeg