Removing Unwanted Application Tiles from the “iPad” Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharPatton

Reaction score
Hi:

I think I saw how to do this when I read the manual cover-to-cover a year ago, but now I cannot seem to find it.

How do I remove an unwanted application tile from the options screen? Specifically, what is this “Sketch” application and how do I remove it? I’ve never used it and I never added it.

System Version: Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.2, SYNC 4 Software Version: 23223_PRODUCT Revision: 969 ( that brought the very nice "1-touch" camera button, yellow arrow).

Sorry for what is likely a dumb question.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Sketch Tile.jpg
    Sketch Tile.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Camera Button.jpg
    Camera Button.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 13

RacerBX1

Reaction score
To get rid of tiles in the bottom of the screen swipe down on them. It seems to have the last three apps used up. Sketch is like a sketch pad, but is not accessible when the vehicle is driven (like most of the apps), so kind of useless as a quick launch. Now that Car Play is a quick launch in the top I only run two tiles, Radio, USB Music and Navigation, so with one on the screen that makes only two tiles.

Pancho258

Reaction score
I have a question, on your Timberline do you have to use the power cable to get CarPlay to run? Have a 22 Timberline and that is the only way to get it to launch. On our 22 F150 with the 12” screen it detects the phone and launches without making the hard connection.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I’ve had no issues connecting Apple Car Play wirelessly. Car Play uses WiFi as well as Bluetooth, so make sure both are on. If still no luck I suggest the dreaded dealership to get it fixed. There are issues with some of the modules in this vehicle. I’ve had my APIM module changed when I got the radio pop/static and they said my DSP module was up to date, which was the Service Bulletin fix.

tbay2410

Reaction score
I have two Samsung F21e phones that connect wirelessly to android auto on my '22 timberline. I did have to accept the connection on the phone initially. If you have andriod auto notifications disabled on your phone, you may not see the prompt.

OP
OP
C

CharPatton

Reaction score
"To get rid of tiles in the bottom of the screen swipe down on them."

Awesome; thanks!