Replaced shifter Tube now key will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
spark at the spark plugs. At this point I would treat it as a no start and do the usual diagnosis (spark, fuel, etc) just so you know what you have (or don't)

but with that light flashing rapidly I would have to think its related to that

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you dropped the steering column is it possible that a wire was damaged or the connector got pulled Check all the wiring to and from the PATS transducer wiring diagram attached

112-01.gif

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • No communication with the module — instrument cluster
  • CJB Fuses:
    • Fuse 2 (5A).
    • Fuse 6 (5A).
    • Fuse 30 (30A).
  • Circuitry.
  • Instrument Cluster.
You have already checked fuse #30 Check the other two fuses above

OP
OP
C

ctniners

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will check the fuses and all the wiring when i get home...thank you for the help.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will need to trace the wires from the transducer to the connector and make sure that the pins haven't been pulled apart or the connector is loose also keep in mind there are some factory splices in the wiring S208 and S2002 Best way to check if they are a problem would be to check for voltage to the Red/Light Green wire on connector C297 and also check for continuity from the Black/Light Blue wire on C297 to ground

OP
OP
C

ctniners

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to update on the issue. On the weekend a friend of mines mechanic came over to look at it and he found out that underneath almost by the pedals there was a break or a short on a ribbon type of group of wires that go from the steering down the bottom. He fixed the break and started right away!

Thank you again for all the help!!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and glad its running

Would it be possible for you to find out what wire was bad or post a picture of that group of wires
Knowing the wire color would be helpful