replacement Chrome accents for driver center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, I own a 2008 Ford expedition Limited EL that I love to drive, have owned it from new. There are some chrome trims around the gear shift lever and the cup holders that have recently started to have the chrome plating lift off, causing razor sharp edges that really cut your fingers and cause a lot of bleeding. I wanted to replace the chrome trims but ford doesn't appear to sell them (maybe if I bought a complete center console it would come with them, but that is far too expensive. I tried to find a local breaker/scrapyard to try and get a second hand set, but they will probably be as bad as mine. I wondered if anyone knew of an aftermarket replacement? Or had any ideas about how to get them repaired, they are just small plastic castings that have been coated with chrome and then click into the center console. I already broke a couple of the clips that attach them trying to get them out (so I don't cut my fingers any more!!) but would welcome any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks Gary