Ring & pinion upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont have any letters after the S935

i have a 9.75in with 3.73 gears and a Limited Slip :D

and pretty sure my 1998 has 12mm lugs

can someone verify for sure if i have 12 or 14mm?

here is a pic of my diff tag.

TXVPcsw.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 9.75in with 3.73 gears and a Limited Slip :D

and pretty sure my 1998 has 12mm lugs

can someone verify for sure if i have 12 or 14mm?

Based on it being a '98, you have 12mm lugs. The switch wasn't until late '99 or '00.

And based on the age, you HAD a limited slip. That thing is most likely worn out now.

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Based on it being a '98, you have 12mm lugs. The switch wasn't until late '99 or '00.

And based on the age, you HAD a limited slip. That thing is most likely worn out now.

hey, take it easy with such! :argue: "HAD an LSD" PFFFTTT... I am very proud of my LSD. As you can see, I even put it in my signature.

;)

but in all seriousness, I get what you are saying. But i think the limited slip still works, at least a little bit.

By the way, i love what you've done to your truck. I want a lift with wheels and tires but i really don't want to spend money on this vehicle.

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dude on you tube who shows how to replace the worn out lsd clutch pack easy sez his original was good for ~ 160k miles

in comparison, the factory repair manual shows a ton of not required special tools for the job

OP
OP
G

Gunner

Reaction score
Just a update I took your advice. I had a shop do the upgrade. And I was able to get it all done for 900.00. with a year warranty.