Roof Care and Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon Sneed

Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gents. Have an 01 EB that after the last trip with it having hauled the kayaks on the roof rack, I took to cleaning the roof and noticed some scratches and rust. Rust in the channel where the roof is welded to the body panels, and scratches along the roof ridges from the seat straps beating against while riding down the highway.

How would you clean up the rust and keep it from getting worse? Curious to know your thoughts. Also, I don't remember seeing anywhere in the manual where it says what weight rating the racks are built for, or the tie down points in the track. Anyone know that by chance? where to look would be fine as well.

Thanks.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Read page 177, 165 or 161 depending on which printing of the owners manual you have.
Come on man, really? I am sure someone has helped you in this forum. Why don't you go watch MSNBC or CNN, instead posting BS.