Rough start when wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Here is a good one for this Forum. About one year after we purchased our 2001 Expedition we noticed this strange starting behavior. If you washed it and let it sit for about one hour it would become very difficult to start. It would then have a rough idle after it was started for about 30 seconds. It would also produce an exhaust that smelled like gasoline. I have taken it to the Ford garage several times to have them diagnose the failure, but their standard line was no code no failure :shootout: Has anyone ever seen this on a 4.6L. I think I see a pattern when reading this and other forums.

Texaskid05

Reaction score
Posted on another thread but,, My 2001 has 70k miles on it and did it after washing. Dealership fixed it for free out of warranty. It was a faulty coil (so they said) Spark plugs were rusty they replaced all plugs and boots and one coil. But from reading on this board it is common,,the plug ports let water stand in them

OP
OP
G

Check windshield seal for leaks. Common problem that can cause all sorts of strange effects.