Scangauge II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Scangauge II claims they can read and display transmission temperature and engine temperature.

Anyone tried to read this data? The unit has to be special coded to see thest numbers.

I'm curious what's happening when towing my camper.

-- Chuck

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one.....

The trans temp will only show if you have a sensor in the trans. The new 5 speed probably does but the older 4 speeds do not.

Matt R

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 5r110 does on the HD trucks, but i guess check with your dealer if the trans temp can be accessed via the CAN Bus.....

Matt R

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Transmission temperature is readable on the CAM buss.

My Interceptor gauge:

BTGHK-104818639-IMG_1124.JPG

-- Chuck

scottk

Reaction score
I got a 2011 Expedition EL (6-Speed) and get both the Trans temp and Engine Temp on my Scanguage II.

Johnny

Great! Does the Scangauge II automatically pick it up or do I need to program it in through the X-gauge commands?
Thanks

Johnny Law

Reaction score
Automatically picks up the Engine Temp, but you do have to go through X-Gauge Commands for the Transmission temp. Very easy to do. Once set up it is always an available gauge. So only needs to be done once.

Last edited: