Seat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogre20012001

Reaction score
I need some help.
I have spent several hours the past few days searching.

I have a 2003 EB 4x4 5.4l. The drivers seat needs replaced.
My question is what years can I pull a seat from.
I know I can from a second gen expedition but they are not very common in the salvage yards in my area.

My main question is can I pull a seat from a first gen and will it built it? Or are the floor pans different?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd gen Expy, 2nd gen Navi almost 100%

Seriously suspect 3rd gen would work, but no documented proof thereof.

Connectors for power vary between years and options, you may need to hotwire around a memory unit or something and connect wiring directly to switches

If you can supply a photo of the bolt pattern with the seat pulled, I can show you what a third gen one looks like

PS thats kinda odd you having trouble finding it, 2nd gen Expies sold like hotcakes (making it all the stranger that Ford made such a short run of just several model years)

OP
OP
ogre20012001

ogre20012001

Reaction score
Thank you for the information.
I will check third gen but as scarce as second gens are I probably won’t find many third gen in my area.

LiverpoolFC

Reaction score
Have you checked car-parts.com I just did a search using a SLC zip and a couple of places showed up.
that's how I was able to locate a few interior pieces. Called the place, went to pick them up and they pulled for me. In fact, while there I scored a couple of other pieces that I happen to see on the wrecked Expy.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
++ on seat shop. replaced the bottom leather on my ole '97 a few years ago. definitely worth replacing the foam, or beefing it up as it gets the most abuse from getting in/out.

good luck.

OP
OP
ogre20012001

ogre20012001

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.
Welded my seat back together.
No pictures.

nobycane74

Reaction score
I have the same dilemma too, me having a 01 Expy EB edition, both bottom seats are wearing and cracking thin.......I found replacement bottoms from an aftermarket individual https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2001-...r-Bottom-Leather-Seat-Cover-Tan-/332487168629

but I am really liking the Eddie Bauer Driver Bottom Leather Seat-Cover 2-Tone Tan https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-to200...332487168597?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

Does anyone know if the two bottom seats are identical or close to? I want to redo my 01 EB, with these? Would they work?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.