seat memory issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SemiHemi297uc4ja

Reaction score
Hi all,

2008 Expy EB, power seat was working just fine, in fact all electrical was working just fine until a few weeks ago the drivers seat would move back for easy exit but would not return to my set position, sometimes it would move just a bit and stop.
Now here is the really screwy thing, I noticed that my mirrors were not staying in place, I have noticed that when I use the key fob to gain entry the mirror on the driver side would move hard up to the left and the seat will still not go back in place the passenger mirror would just move slightly, I can control it (the seat) with the switch so the motor is working and I can bring the mirror back in place.
If I use the keypad or key to enter the mirrors stay in place.

I tried the move it all the way back then press and hold until a click to reset but that has done nothing, I also notice that when I enter without the key fob that the seat tries to move but just a bit and I am still able to manually use the motor to move the seat.

Loose connection? I understand there may be a module under the seat to check relays etc..?

Any other suggestions? Thanks all!

OP
OP
S

SemiHemi297uc4ja

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looks like I solved the problem.

I had found a procedure for resetting the seat by moving it rearward till it stops then hitting the button again and etc...

That did not work :(, what I did find is a procedure to be out of the vehicle, move the seat forward till stop then press switch again for roughly 10 seconds and wait for bump.
then select driver preset 1 and it should go to the setting, then of course remove key to let seat move to easy exit point.

I did this and now my seat is working again!

Going to look at a 2013 XLT today, I may say goodbye to the 08...

James W Moore

Reaction score
FIRST check your fuse... if it was a fuse why did it blow. Check the wire harness under the seat: If like mine the wire harness under the seat was against the frame rail and was causing a short. For ease I removed the seat (4 bolts) I re taped the harness and zip ties it back to what looked factory, hoping this will hold it up in place, replace the 30 amp fuse/pinkish-red (i think it was). It works as do the adjustable pedals. My wife reprogrammed her settings and mine (as almost all the way back) never run the seat to full back or full forward (this causes a fault ( and may blow fuse/ I do not know why). When my seat moves it made a grinding noise so I sprayed lube on the twisting rails to quiet it down, did the same for the noisy adjusting mirrors. IF it is not the "EASY" fuse you need to check the motor or frame rails. Before you buy a new motor check the power to the seat multi position switch (with a meter) and then check power to the motor harness plug at the motor. If you have a small 12 volt battery check the motor itself, if using live power to the motor it does not work go buy one, IF it works GREAT! check the seat rails adjustment to see if it is jammed with something (folks say sometimes a coin gets stuck in the rail) or if something just broke (made of plastic). If you have this all apart you can use one of the flexible drive wires from the motor to see if the adjuster spins, lock it in a battery powered drill and insert the square haft into the hole it originally came out of. Do not let it twist all up and break or pinch your finger, try to keep it straight as possible. Check again for something in the track or a BENT track. replace as needed (these parts may only be available from a junk yard