service engine soon light came on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You did a rear Cat delete, so did it make a difference at all? And did you replace the front one with somthing different?

nothing noticeable. just sound.

code is p0401. EGR system fault.

Truck drives fine though. guy at autozone said it should try to die if that code is showing.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check the DPFE and the lines running to it.. make sure the EGR is working and hasn't gone bad...

my money would be on a bad DPFE

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Aaron, I second the DPFE. It is the little box just in front of the EGR. it is a cheap part and easy to replace. Mine failed and it was due to the ports on the DPFE getting corroded by the exhaust and they got plugged up, leading to the computer not seeing the EGR valve working.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with DPFE.... not too expensive and very easy to fix.... less than 5 min... and that includes a beverage in that time limit...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did a rear Cat delete, so did it make a difference at all? And did you replace the front one with somthing different?

only thing greatly noticeable was it sounded a lot better.... also had a true dual setup done when I had that done...

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone snap a picture of what I'm looking for. I'm lost.