Shorty Performance Headers Stainless Steel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone got the ebay Shorty Performance Headers ? can ya give any feedback such as fitment issues,leaking,and modification to anything to get them on

Thinking about getting a set for my 99 since passenger side exhaust manifold has a hole in it and the drivers side is getting rusty plus the exhaust stud nuts are really rusty. i got almost all the nuts loosen though,since i am going to replace them and the passenger side manifold needs replace id look into get some headers

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a set of the China made stainless steel ones for my chev 350. Like all headers they have their draw backs. They are pretty, run real hot and in my case burn spark plug wires. And need custom exhaust pipe work to make them fit, oh and a hammer ding here and there.
But no, haven't bought any for my Expedition.
good luck
Gary

Last edited:

dberend

Reaction score
Anyone got the ebay Shorty Performance Headers ? can ya give any feedback such as fitment issues,leaking,and modification to anything to get them on

Thinking about getting a set for my 99 since passenger side exhaust manifold has a hole in it and the drivers side is getting rusty plus the exhaust stud nuts are really rusty. i got almost all the nuts loosen though,since i am going to replace them and the passenger side manifold needs replace id look into get some headers
I bought some about two years ago. $160 I think. No problems they fit fine except the egr tube was a pain. No burnt wires or melted plastic, but they fit turn a pretty blue color

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks guys i am not worried at all what they look like as my expo will be an everyday driver not a show truck haha also i got long tubes on my 350 sbc that i have so yea i have delt with headers a time or two.

DBEREND "egr tube was a pain" was it because of the rusted connection/nut or not bent right ? or both ? i found a replacement egr tube just in case

Last edited:

02expi

Reaction score
I put some on mine, getting the old bolts out was a pain. The headers fit fine, but getting the new bolts in and tight was time consuming. It seemed to have better power and helped the gas mileage too, also put on a k&n cold air intake at the same time.

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool i worked about 3 days to get all but 3 nuts/stud loose which i will eventually get to them so the hardest part is done,i just snugged them back in till i decide if i want headers or stock manifolds won't hurt since the expo is not on the road yet.i may drill the holes out just a tad bit on the headers if i decide to go with em so bolts have tiny bit of wiggle room and yes i got the Spectra cold air on mine

Were you able to get socket on all of the bolts/nuts ?? i know i hammered some dents in the headers when i put them on my 350 sbc to be able to get a socket to fit,also had to chop down an old boxed end wrench for 1 bolt

Jeff55v

Reaction score
IMG_6574.JPG IMG_7016.JPG IMG_7024.JPG IMG_7026.JPG IMG_7029.JPG I know this is an old thread, but your experience sounds very much like mine.
My passenger side manifold rusted through, and all the studs/nuts were in terrible condition.
I installed a set of eBay stainless headers and a stainless stud/nut kit. It took me about three days to do it. Most of that time was spent dealing with the broken studs and driving to the auto parts store.
My only fit issue and modification was due to a clearance issue on the right side. The exhaust pipe flange was welded on in a slightly different orientation. This caused a clearance problem between the flange and cylinder head. I used a sawzall to cut a small piece of metal from the back of the cylinder head to make room.
Since I installed the headers, I definitely notice a performance improvement throughout the RPM range. I'm sure my MPG has improved, but I didn't get a baseline MPG to compare against.