Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmidway22

Reaction score
Yeah just the Rancho quick lifts on front and back. I believe its only .75" low in the back to get it level with the front but honestly seeing everyone else's setup with a similar squat, I don't feel so bad. It might be more of a case that the fender arch is higher in the front.

20170407_112336.jpg

JZHOUSE

Reaction score
Yeah just the Rancho quick lifts on front and back. I believe its only .75" low in the back to get it level with the front but honestly seeing everyone else's setup with a similar squat, I don't feel so bad. It might be more of a case that the fender arch is higher in the front.

View attachment 20123

Looks good. It also looks like your running boards are level too which means it's all level and it's just your fender height messing with your eyes.

Check and park on a level street and check it with a leveler. Take the leveler and then check the rig in a few places. I bet it's all level.

jmidway22

Reaction score
haha, i bet you're right. I took a board out there after you mentioned it earlier and measured the height of the arc of the fender well and it was much higher in the front than the rear. Guess that's good for the front end travel.

My real issue I have been troubleshooting is in the front end under certain bumps and rough gravel road I will feel a clunk in the pedals and steering column. I replaced upper/lower control arms with Moog replacements, the rancho quicklifts and sway bar bushings/linkage. Still does it and will ruin the sway bar linkage joints.. went through like 3-4. Tried both moog, dorman and maybe a motocraft too. Some were metal on metal with a grease fittings while others had a plastic insert but all failed. Makes me think there is something weird with the geometry or a non standard swaybar was installed. Only thing I know is different is it has the off road package with the skid plate and tubular running bars but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

JZHOUSE

Reaction score
haha, i bet you're right. I took a board out there after you mentioned it earlier and measured the height of the arc of the fender well and it was much higher in the front than the rear. Guess that's good for the front end travel.

My real issue I have been troubleshooting is in the front end under certain bumps and rough gravel road I will feel a clunk in the pedals and steering column. I replaced upper/lower control arms with Moog replacements, the rancho quicklifts and sway bar bushings/linkage. Still does it and will ruin the sway bar linkage joints.. went through like 3-4. Tried both moog, dorman and maybe a motocraft too. Some were metal on metal with a grease fittings while others had a plastic insert but all failed. Makes me think there is something weird with the geometry or a non standard swaybar was installed. Only thing I know is different is it has the off road package with the skid plate and tubular running bars but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Hmmm..... I have not had that issue. Of course I don't run a front sway bar. It's not really needed unless you tow.

And you got a wheel alignment after the Rancho Lifts? Not sure if that would help but make sure you do with any lift.

And all the ball joints were replaced?

Did you check the upper Control arm to see if it's hitting the spring on large bumps? Marks. Wear? Etc.

It seems to be some play somewhere or the upper arm hitting which might occur only on huge bumps. The Ranch Spring is very fat.

jmidway22

Reaction score
I might get he alignment done again, I honestly forget if it was aligned after the ranchos were installed (it had rancho quick lifts already on it when i bought it but they were shot)

Yeah all the ball joints were replaced except the connection between the steering rack and the spindles. I just bought new upper/lower control arms as pressing new ball joints were not much cheaper from what I understood.

It did have some of the paint knocked off the dront coil springs. I thought maybe it came that way or installer nicked it. Not sure what would cause that as everything is basically new.. maybe I need to adjust them tighter or something.

JZHOUSE

Reaction score
I might get he alignment done again, I honestly forget if it was aligned after the ranchos were installed (it had rancho quick lifts already on it when i bought it but they were shot)

Yeah all the ball joints were replaced except the connection between the steering rack and the spindles. I just bought new upper/lower control arms as pressing new ball joints were not much cheaper from what I understood.

It did have some of the paint knocked off the dront coil springs. I thought maybe it came that way or installer nicked it. Not sure what would cause that as everything is basically new.. maybe I need to adjust them tighter or something.

Ok so it came with the Ranchos and did you replace those, (as you said they were shot)..., so I am guessing you replaced those and they are new.

What level did you set the front Ranchos on? They should be set on the stiffest level which I believe is 9. So just make sure both knobs are set to the stiffest level otherwise they will be too soft and top out on large bumps as you have a heavy rig, which the topping out part is the binding the upper control arm to the spring which would clunk and/or maxing out the upper control arm ball joint which only moves so much, which is why I bought the Icon upper control arms with a uni-ball joint which moves more.

And of course as long as you don't tow anything you can remove the front sway bar which would help you better off road if you think that is making clunking noises or has play in it. Just know that the steering is quicker and tad less stable and you will be able to turn tighter. Just be aware of that. I have had mine off for 2 years and drive canyons with no issues on the highway.

You can always jack up a side of the front end and see if the upper control arm hits the spring when fully jacked up high. If it does or almost does then maybe you found your issue.

Solar

Reaction score
Here is my big girl !!!

Before
IMG_0080.jpg

After
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
Looks good. It also looks like your running boards are level too which means it's all level and it's just your fender height messing with your eyes.

Check and park on a level street and check it with a leveler. Take the leveler and then check the rig in a few places. I bet it's all level.
I'm at 90k on my 2013 and I'm wanting to lift it, so can I do this with all new coilovers instead of spacers ? Which manufacturer makes these ? I'm not trying to do 35' just 33s. Last thing how would I know if my 13 limited has the locker trac thing I don't off road just curious. Thanks

jmidway22

Reaction score
You gave me some options to try, thanks!

You are correct, I bought it with quicklifts on it but they were shot so I replaced them with another set of quicklifts. Going to check what setting the struts are on and test the travel to see if it clips the spring. Hopefully I didn't mess up any of the ball joints by allowing the excessive travel.

BTW great info on your website. Super write up on the 4x4 drive-train in these fords!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. It would look great, just don't stick the 3" on top of a Rancho Quicklift as it will be to tall and bind.

Otherwise you should be fine. Just do a Wheel Alignment afterward. :)

I was told the Rancho quick lift would not work on the 15+. Is that in accurate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK