Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You gave me some options to try, thanks!

You are correct, I bought it with quicklifts on it but they were shot so I replaced them with another set of quicklifts. Going to check what setting the struts are on and test the travel to see if it clips the spring. Hopefully I didn't mess up any of the ball joints by allowing the excessive travel.

BTW great info on your website. Super write up on the 4x4 drive-train in these fords!

Shoulda tried to collect warranty, Ranchos are supposed to be lifetime warrantied

Allan E Joyner

Reaction score
Cross compatibility

View attachment 23123

....pity theyre such a ***** to get to, else I'd prolly change mine. Seems you need to take the strut out to get at the bolts, and with a lift that means the LCA has to drop too, turning it into pretty much a full suspension disassembly project

I have the 3 inch lift and the online company I bout my complete strut assembly sent 4 wheel drive struts that added 2 inches. It really to tall and torqing my ball joint.

Allan E Joyner

Reaction score
www.ebay.com/itm/312013911281

www.ebay.com/itm/50-ALUMINUM-ROOF-RACK-CAR-SUV-TOP-CROSSBAR-LUGGAGE-BAG-CARGO-SQUARE-BAR-RAIL/401129646631?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

www.ebay.com/itm/42Inch-LED-Light-Bar-Combo-22in-4-CREE-PODS-OFFROAD-SUV-4WD-FORD-JEEP-20-30/263038503480?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used the 50" crossbar roof rack because the basket didnt work for my vehicle (which they suggested I get), I utilzed the length (about 4" each side) of the 50" crossbars past my factory roof rack to put my cree pods on which worked out awesome. I custom made the brackets for the 42 inch light bar out of aluminum L brackets so I could attach it to the basket at a height that would stay below the basket yet still shoot light over the roof and hood with out being blocked by vehicle, Otherwise they would be above the glass in front of cab and be drilled into the vehicle. I opted to only penetrate the vehicle with a hole for the harnesses and fasten to the basket. It worked out great. The angle of the stock brackets didnt work and offered a bad fastening position of the lights. The rack is made out of aluminum but since im not going off road it works for my work for overflow of tools and materials. I personally dont like the heavy steel racks because they rust and you will need to paint them before mounting if you want any longevity but understand why they are built with steel with all the torqing and twisting going off road. The cree pods offer light just above the passenger doors for night time loading of tools and the rear pods turn to light up the area behind me when backing up the 25ft trailer I tow. The wireharnesses are so cheap I bought 5 seperate ones to control (1 extra JIC) to operate the 22" front, the 42" upper, the left 2 4"pods and the right 2 4" pods as I need them for work so as to not have the lights blinding anyone as I work or backing up. The harnesses actually will arrive today and will post some pics soon. The brackets on the 50" crossbars didn't work on the factory roof rack (couldnt find ones that worked for expy 2011) so I had to bend the bracket slightly and add longer bolts and screwed the basket and crossbars together with selftaping screws just for added protection but probably didnt need to. Hope this helps

Allan E Joyner

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone caught this but I also have aftermarket side mirrors that extend and have puddle lights. The look fits with the vehicle and also keeps people from parking to close....I extend them in parking lots not to be mean but to keep dings away...lol

11XLdeVille

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone caught this but I also have aftermarket side mirrors that extend and have puddle lights. The look fits with the vehicle and also keeps people from parking to close....I extend them in parking lots not to be mean but to keep dings away...lol
Allan, thanks a lot for the sources, pictures and how to - greatly appreciated.

Ronnie_hud

Reaction score