Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About ready to pull the trigger on a 3/2 spacer lift. Plan is to run 35/12.5s with probably 1/2" less back spacing on the wheels kicking the tires out 1/2" more on all 4 corners. Don't want them to stick out too far but I figure ill help with the rub. Are you guys changing the stock back spacing on the wheels? Also does a 35" tire fit under the back where the spare is?
Never tried it myself and I also have a second gen but I'm gonna say your gonna have issues trying to get the 35" in the factory space location... my guess...
And I don't have stock backspacing at all think I have like -6mm offset and maybe it was 4.5" backspacing? Not quite sure but mine poke out of the fenders quite a bit I'd say about 1.5" or maybe 2" in the front I've never measured and maybe a half inch less in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeEL

Reaction score
Forgot to add this is for a 2015 expedition El. The spacer kit says it'll clear 35/12.5, I guess that depends on your wheel offset as to how much you have to trim. Gotta get it right the first time rims and tires aren't cheap!

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add this is for a 2015 expedition El. The spacer kit says it'll clear 35/12.5, I guess that depends on your wheel offset as to how much you have to trim. Gotta get it right the first time rims and tires aren't cheap!
Yeah with OEM offset and backspacing there shouldn't be much of an issue... but I would say anything with more offset will require slights trimming to the front bumper/fender liners/etc.

eric3

Reaction score

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the angle, but it looks like you had to trim more on the driver side than passenger side in front of the wheel? Looks awesome though!
I think to too pic was before he trimmed and the bottom pic was after

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 EL here...plan on doing the 3/2 ready lift but not right away. I want to get the wheels/tire combo right first. So the wheel I'm looking at is 20x9 and comes in either a 18 or 0 offset...which would be the better one to go with? I'm thinking the 18? And I'm thinking of pairing that with a 295/55/20 but not fully positive yet.

Hawaiianbasshead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone running 3.5/2 with 10" wide wheel -24 offset? What height tires if so? Most everyone here runs tires sticking out. Love the look and found a set of rims cheap new. Everything is over priced in HI... Thanks in advance!

Hawaiianbasshead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger. 3/2 ready lift on 18" method wheels with 35/12.5/r18 bfg ko2s and full size spare. Minor fender/running board trimming.View attachment 18464 View attachment 18465 View attachment 18466 I like the way it rides more now than before.

What offset did you settle on? And those are 9" wide? looks like a +18mm if so... I had 20x9 +18mm on my old Titan and had a similar look not way outside the fenders more tucked in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357