Side mirror accent lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
IMG_3183.JPG anyone know how to properly remove this to get to the bulb? And what type of bulb it may be? Going to replace with LED to match license plate lights

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
You need to pop the housing out by pushing the clips inside those holes with a small screwdriver. Then you need to carefully pry the lense away from the housing because it's technically a sealed unit. Unfortunately I don't remember the bulb size I used

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I got these and to be honest; not all that impressed. $54 for a set of eBay LEDs hot glued into oem housings. I could have made these myself for almost no cost.

Just my $0.02
If I had extra housings laying around I'd try to cut into housing myself and change the festoon bulb myself.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I followed some guides on replacing them, took my Dremel and cut the black plastic back all the way to the clear lens all the way around, they popped apart no problems. Put the LED in, checked polarity on the truck, and siliconed them back together. Works great, a ton brighter than the incandescent bulbs. They're the same housings on most of this generation of Ford's, so YouTube is full of tutorials.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had extra housings laying around I'd try to cut into housing myself and change the festoon bulb myself.

It will literally take you 10 minutes to mod your stock ones. You can use much more powerful LEDs and actually orient them so they illuminate more than just at the base of the door. Their “extreme” LED is 3 watt. I have 9 watt bolt style LEDs I paid $11 for 10 of them. The difference in illumination pool is impressive. I plan on modding the LED set in my mirrors in the near future.

You can also go with a larger more robust LED if you install yourself. The only actual pain in the ass is verifying polarity (its stupid simple).

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I followed some guides on replacing them, took my Dremel and cut the black plastic back all the way to the clear lens all the way around, they popped apart no problems. Put the LED in, checked polarity on the truck, and siliconed them back together. Works great, a ton brighter than the incandescent bulbs. They're the same housings on most of this generation of Ford's, so YouTube is full of tutorials.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

See. This guy knows