Side Mirror Repair Possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
For my Expy 2020 XLT - the internal pan and tilt mechanism of the auto folding side mirror got broken. The outer body, mirror and the folding mechanism was intact however the mirror itself was hanging loosely.

I was able to find a working side mirror from the local salvaged parts market and got it replaced - and extracted and -placed my color matching outer shell to remedy the issue.

However i still have the original side mirror for which I was wondering - if it can also be repaired - which may come in handy in the future or for selling someone in need like myself.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 2.28.46 PM.jpeg

The center seemingly (back side of the intact mirror) ball and socket kinda plastic part broke leaving one half inside the mirror rear hatch assembly

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 2.28.46 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 2.28.46 PM (2).jpeg

While the other half of the insertion and plastic clips holes which move the mirror got damaged and hanging with the mirror body assembly

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 2.28.45 PM (3).jpeg

Has anyone else encountered such situation and guide me about which part needs to be replaced and whether is it really possible to get it done and packed up in a working order or not.

Thanks.