Sony sound system upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone has upgraded their 2015+ Sony sound system? It sounds okay but my 3rd row doesn't have much volume and it's kind of lacking highs in the back altogether. Just wondering if anyone else has attempted this before?

jdeshong

Reaction score
I have 2015 xlt with basic system and i agree the rear sound is horrible. So far I have replaced the rear door speakers and added a sound ordnance bp-8 sub. The sub fills in the lows nicely and adds quite a bit of thump for a small sub. The speaker replacement didn't help much, the head unit seems to put most of the power to the front. You can change the occupancy mode to the rear but then the front sounds like crap. I'm think this system really needs an aftermarket amp for the rears and maybe some tweeters installed somewhere in the back.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know the speaker sizes? Crutchfield lists them as either 5X7 or 6X8's.

Anyone replace the factory subwoofer or is it just underpowered?

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The door speakers are 6x8, but 5x7s fit as well. You can also use adapters to fit 5.25" speakers easily. Not sure why the difference in recommendations, but my F-150 had the same speaker size and I put in 6-3/4 components without an adapter. A 1" tweeter is replacement size for the stock one. The two speakers at the far back are 3.5" from what I recall. The sub is an 8", but it's both underpowered and not directly replaceable.