Sounds like rubbing, speed dependent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi ~ 2018 4x4 edition. I have what sounds like a speed variable "rubbing" noise coming from the front left. I had tires rotated, noise persisted. The sound gets louder as I accelerate (not engine related, happens when foot off pedal). Loudest around 35-40 miles an hour. It might continue after that, but possible that noise of higher speeds drowns it out. I recently noticed (a) louder as front compresses (bump, dip) and (b) stops when I turn take right turns (at about 15-20 degree angle on the steering wheel). Thoughts as to cause?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wheel bearing or IWE.

If its a loud scraping sound when in 2wd and then goes away immediately in 4x4, then its the IWE. Try it.

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
IWE link for those who didn't know.

Wheel bearing. I had mine done recently as well around 70k. Still concerned for some issues in 4wd, louder noise when engaged..the techs initially assumed the front diff needed rebuild. Then it was magically just the wheel bearing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire