Spacer lift quality/driveshaft and balljoint wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth Evans

Reaction score
I want to lift/level my 2010 about 2-3" front and rear. I have a XLT/CCV so no air ride, just a base setup. I'm seeing spacers all over the place, and I'm fine with those, used them on my 150, but I'm worried id wear out some ball joints and drive shafts, not to mention issues with steering geometry. Not looking to go big, just 3" or so to get some more clearance and get a better look. Any advice?

Thanks, Seth

Last edited:

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The amount of lift available for these rides doesn't really allow for tire sizes that will cause excessive wear. The ball joints are a logical concern. It is the cv joints that will suffer the most I think. I did a front only spacer about 3yrs ago and have not needed to replace any front end components. Running 33.5" Goodyear Duratraks

Patrick2012

Reaction score
20170502_212912.jpg I recently installed the 3/2 lift to my 2012 EL limited. I'm running 295/65/20s on my stock wheels. There is no tire rubbing. So far I haven't seen any issues, but think I need to give it more time to really know.