Spacer Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AlexNorton74

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man oh man I have never been so happy to complete a project in my life. After about a days worth of work she is finally done. I'm no mechanic but I got it done. Lots of trial and error but im loving the way it sits.

IMG_4298.JPG

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you got it done ok. It's just your time you spent. Now you can be proud of your work and tell your friends I did this job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any issues with brake line or shock absorber length and half shafts hitting arms off road ? with these lifts ?

OP
OP
AlexNorton74

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any issues with brake line or shock absorber length and half shafts hitting arms off road ? with these lifts ?
I did have some trouble getting shocks or struts (whatever they are) back in line. The top lined up no problem but the bottoms of it where the 30mm bolt is would not line up so we tried forcing the rotor and all that jazz down but it still wasn't enough. At that point we just undid the bolts holding the lower control arm to the frame and that gave us the leverage to get it lined up. Also use a jack to move the control arm. Those things are heavy. It's all about determination and articulating that control arm to get the right position.

OP
OP
AlexNorton74

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you got it done ok. It's just your time you spent. Now you can be proud of your work and tell your friends I did this job!

Yeah I am extremely proud and a tad bit surprised that me and 2 buddies did this ourselves. Now time for tires!!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a little advice for future. Never force items in, it justs makes things worse, like messed up threads or worse. You did it right, leave bolts and nuts loose till everything lines up. I have a Snap- on pry bar that I seem to use a lot. Rember if a job seems way to hard to get a bolt in or out, a lot of the time something like a bracket or other item

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry cut off. A bracket is in the way and needs to be removed. As a rule a strut is a shock absorbing item inside a tube that has spring as part of assembly, vs a shock is just the absorber and theirs a separate spring or in my case a torsion bar.

OP
OP
AlexNorton74

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a little advice for future. Never force items in, it justs makes things worse, like messed up threads or worse. You did it right, leave bolts and nuts loose till everything lines up. I have a Snap- on pry bar that I seem to use a lot. Rember if a job seems way to hard to get a bolt in or out, a lot of the time something like a bracket or other item

Yeah we learned that one the hard way. Almost had a spring come flying out at us

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now you know why I mentioned safety glasses in my thread.